Monday, April 30, 2007

noticing

before the evening class today, an older woman came over to me and thanked me. i had practiced next to her yesterday and i had noticed her crying quietly. as i am always uncomfortable around indivduals who are more or less than happy and calm, i wasn't sure as to what i should do. as i didn't know her, i would stay out of her business. so i was discrete. i kept looking over at her before, during and after class. i laid in savasana for quite a long time after that class...

the woman was that woman and she came to me and thanked me. she thanked me for noticing her. noticing that she was crying. for being compassionate. i had thought nothing of that day, certainly not that she had been aware of what was going on around her. she thanked me for staying in savasana until she started moving again. wow. i had noticed her that day, but it seems that she noticed me more. it was strange. i had never talked to her before. she gave me a big hug and i returned the hug awkwardly...

we never exchanged names.

No comments: